Rahn+Bodmer Co. in the 20th century
The current partner families were first represented by Louis Rahn in 1882 and Max Ernst Bodmer in 1917. In 1917, the private bank was renamed «Rahn & Bodmer». The bank is domiciled at the current address since 1932. Louis Rahn was succeeded by Victor Conrad Rahn, who served as a partner at the bank for 46 years. Other important events include being licensed to trade on the stock exchange in 1923 and the creation of the Swiss Private Bankers Association in 1934. Max Ernst Bodmer, who was both a qualified banker and lawyer, helped to draft the articles of association and was the Association’s first chairman. Victor Conrad Rahn’s son, Hans-Rudolf Rahn, served as a partner between 1951 and 1990. Frank P. Bodmer, the son of Max Ernst Bodmer, was a partner from 1964 to 1997. In 1951, the partners took on the first member of the Bidermann family as a partner – Richard M. Bidermann. In 1961, Richard M. Bidermann became the second Rahn & Bodmer partner to serve as president of the Swiss Private Bankers Association. Hans J. Bidermann took over from his father in 1964 and remained a partner until 2000.
Rahn+Bodmer Co. in the 21st century
The last major generational handover took place at the turn of the century. Today the bank is under the management of Peter R. Rahn, Martin H. Bidermann, Christian Rahn, André M. Bodmer and Christian R. Bidermann. The employees of Rahn+Bodmer Co. are dedicated to Zurich's oldest private bank and to providing comprehensive and targeted client support.
Rahn+Bodmer Co. is part of an exclusive group of non-listed, owner-managed Swiss private banks in which the partners have unlimited liability.